I love fishing here in Ocean Isle. The diversity and relative ease is relaxing and honestly, I could do it all day. But to go fishing you need the right gear for salt water. This is where the Daiwa BG series comes in handy.
There arent many Saltwater reels out there that I trust as much as I do Daiwa, and they have yet to let me down. The Daiwa BG2500 BG Saltwater Spinning Reel is my go to when fishing both salt and fresh water.
This reel has the following features:
- Black Anodized Machined Aluminum Housing (“Hard Bodyz” Body & Side Cover), Over-sized Digigear (Digigear System)
- Solid Screw-In Handle, Air Rotor, Dynamic Cut Aluminum ABS Spool
- Braided Line Ready Spool, Waterproof Drag System, Carbon ATD, Line Per Handle Turn: 33.2″
- Manual Return Bail (4500 and Larger), 6BB+1RB, Gear Ratio: 5.6:1, Drag Max:13.2
- Line Capacity (Lb. Test / Yards): 6/210, 8/170, 10/140 J-BRAID: 15/190, 20/170, 30/120
- Infinite Anti-Reverse System (4000 and Smaller), Infinite Dual Anti-Reverse System (4500 and Larger)
The Aluminum housing gives it great durability with a super light feel. The ABS swept spool wraps the line on very nicely, which helps with casting distance. The waterproof drag system is simply amazing on this reel. It is silky smooth with fish on and it adjusts easily with the smallest of corrections available. For the price point this reel is just simply amazing.
You can purchase these from Amazon or visiting the Daiwa site.